1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Your expertise needed! Barriers to progression: Level2/3 qualifications and BTEC failure ? help!

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by englishtt06, Jun 13, 2013.

1. englishtt06

englishtt06 Occasional commenter

Dear TESers

I am trying to put together a proposal for post-16 (to study barriers to learning). I am quite comfortable working with AS and A2 courses as have managed and delivered them for some years. Being an English teacher, I have little experience of BTEC/vocational courses and their delivery. I am curious to know what issues learners face and how it is possible to fail/withdraw from their chosen courses. Is it for similar reasons as AS/A2 (poorly chosen courses, difficult home/family circumstances, lack of organisation/attendance etc.)? I guess I am assuming that BTECs/NVQs may come with their own issues which are a part of the way the course is structured (all coursework). Any ideas/wisdom gratefully received. If you have any solutions that you know work, then that would be fab too! Am happy to share what I have so far….

Thanks in advance

English TT