1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Your doctor needs to sign you off up to 31/08

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by vberchel, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I've resigned on 23/05 with effect on 31/08. I have been signed off work since 30/06 and am currently signed off up until 31/07. I had a meeting with my HT who told me that my doctor needs to sign me off until 31/08 but I do not see the reasons why. When I asked my HT I was told 'because you are employed until 31/08'. But it still doesn't make sense to me. Am I missing something here? I don't see myself going to my GP and demanding that s/he signs me off!!!!(?).

2. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Indeed no doctor can 'predict' that you will remain incapacitated until date x unless it is post operative or some such. You could indeed be fit to work when you last sick paper expires regardless of whether it is term time or not.

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

You will, however, need either a new sick note or to be signed fit for work and you will need to submit whichever paper you get to your employer to cover the remaining month.

4. veritytrue

veritytrue New commenter

If you're fit for work for the month of August, this will improve your absence record.