1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Your choice of ambulance music

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Duke of York, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-35419578

"Patients in the Danish capital will soon be taken to hospital to the sound of soothing music.

Authorities in Copenhagen's Capital Region have invested in 79 ambulances which offer "a better and safer experience" including a choice of music or nature sounds, the Danish Broadcasting Corporation (DR) reports. The roll-out follows a successful trial in the North Jutland region with 17 vehicles which cost one million kroner ($145,000; £102,000) each, where some 70% of patients said they enjoyed the new experience, the Copenhagen Post says"

How about that then? The ambulance will turn up to scrape you off the road and the first thing they'll ask when they've got you om board, is what you fancy listening to on your way to hospital. I doubt there'd be any confusion at all over what you said under the oxygen mask, but I expect it opens the door to numerous, humorous possibilities.

In choosing your music, you'd need to think how it will fit in with the ambulance siren. Maybe something like this would work.

colpee and grumpydogwoman like this.
  2. Annarosa1

Annarosa1 Occasional commenter

3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Don't know about ambulance music, but on one occasion I rang my local surgery for some blood test results and was put on hold. The music that played while I was waiting was Elton John's 'Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word'. Brilliant.

grumpydogwoman likes this.
  4. Annarosa1

Annarosa1 Occasional commenter

They didn't mean it.

grumpydogwoman likes this.
  5. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Is there a song called, "Are you forking kidding me???"

There ought to be.

6. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

7. Jolly_Roger1

Jolly_Roger1 Star commenter

The theme from 'Doctor! No!' Once, I had a CT scan, and I was offered a pair of headphones to drown out the noise of the machine. One side of these didn't work, while from the other came some sort of heavy rock. I preferred the noise the machine made but since I couldn't move, I had to put up with a combination of both.

8. colpee

colpee Star commenter

9. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Flere-Imsaho likes this.
  10. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Assuming the worst.