1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Young Voices - do you take Year 2?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Trudy, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Trudy

Trudy New commenter

Just wondering as we'll be getting the first pack very soon I suspect, for the concerts in December. This last time we had children in the choir from Year 3 up to 6, the previous year only Year 4 upwards. I had a comment from a mum this week that Year 2 don't get to be involved in the choir (though they sing in class and in assembly every day!) so just wondered if anyone else takes younger children to the concerts. Thanks!

2. I'm not involved in Young Voices myself but I know that we used to take Y3 - Y6 but changed it to Y4 - Y6 last year as it was felt that the Y3s struggled with the required concentration etc and would get more out of it going in Y4 onwards. I would therefore think Y2 is probably a bit young, especially in the first term, although I've no experience of taking children myself.

3. Trudy

Trudy New commenter

Thanks I'm glad you said that - I feel the same about the year 3s, as some of them did struggle to learn all the words, and cope the long day of rehearsing and performing. Then again, some of them were fab and actually had the best voices! Will just open it up to Key Stage 2 again this year then, I think :)

4. I agree - I think it is too much for year 2s to take on. And the day itself is very long and tiring.

5. Twinkles

Twinkles New commenter

Can I ask - what is Young Voices??

6. http://youngvoices.co.uk/