1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Young TA - Activities please!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Oss54, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Oss54

Oss54 New commenter

Hi a friend has just been given a young, inexperienced TA as part of some scheme. She's eager but has no idea. What activities can my friend give her to do? KS1 please. I'm KS3 so no help at all.

2. Oss54

Oss54 New commenter

Hi a friend has just been given a young, inexperienced TA as part of some scheme. She's eager but has no idea. What activities can my friend give her to do? KS1 please. I'm KS3 so no help at all.

3. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

I would initially have her working alongside me so I could model what to do and talk her through things.

4. Trekkie

Trekkie Occasional commenter

Just a thought, but could he/she shadow a more experienced TA for part of a day. I know that leaves your friend TA-less but it might help to give an overview of the job and the etiquette (for want of a better word).

5. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

Give her simple activities with clear instructions about what her role is. Then talk to her afterwards about how the activity went, did anything go differently to how she had expected, what would she do differently another time, etc.