1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

You Tube clips - how to convert to files to put on a mem stick?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by jel65, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Some time ago I remember reading a post on here about a program that will enable you to save a you-tube clip as a file to play in class? obviously i know very little about IT - but if anyone can point me i the right direction i'd be very grateful - thanks in advance

2. Thank you very much - i am down loading it now!

3. Cinders2000

Cinders2000 New commenter

You used to be able to use a site called Zamzar but last time I tried it, a message said they were no longer allowed to convert YouTube clips so if anyone knows another way it would be useful to know.

4. Realplayer is the way to go I have tried a few including zamzar and realplayer is so quick and easy and once its downloaded just click convert and it will save as a windows media file onto a memory stick. It is brill

5. Thanks for the link sywilk. I've just downloaded it. Can someone please tell me where I click to convert the file. As you can tell, I'm not an ICT person, but would love to share clips with my class. Thanks x

6. sadika

sadika New commenter

7. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

www.SaveMedia.com is very easy to use.
    When I try to download using the 'download using realplayer' pop-up thingy I don't know where it has gone.

8. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

I use aTube Catcher - I find it easier than other programmes that I've tried.