1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

You never hear the Muslim voices!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lanokia, Dec 8, 2015.

1. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Why aren't they condemning... where are the moderate Muslims.. why don't they speak up...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/hundreds-muslims-marching-against-terrorism-6977099

Hundreds of Muslims marched through central London at the weekend to call for peace and unity.

Yet the organisers of the annual procession said not one single mainstream media outlet covered it because it was not "juicy" enough.

Men, women and children were pictured and filmed waving brightly coloured banners during the UK Arbaeen Procession on Sunday.

It is is organised every year by the Husaini Islamic Trust UK and according to their website is the ‘largest annually organised Islamic event in Europe’

The march aims to promote the teachings of Imam Husain – a grandson of the Prophet Mohammed they revere as a freedom fighter for standing up against dictators trying to deny citizens their rights.

[​IMG]

Because it ain't part of the narrative!

2. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

I don't whether to cheer because you dared to post this Lanokia
    Or wince because I know what the responses will be

I think I'll go for the former :)

3. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I suspect by the tenth reply I'll be accused of supporting ISIS...

Didactylos4 likes this.
  4. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

You think it will take that long?

Dragonlady30 and lanokia like this.
  5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

An excellent post, thank you @lanokia .

I had a slightly different version of the same photo to post

[​IMG]

6. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

When #youaintnomuslimbruv started trending, there were quite a few people (on twitter, not here) who were more concerned with correcting the grammar and criticising the use of London dialect rather than the Queens English, than supporting the sentiment behind the statement. Similarly, #notinmyname has been criticised as a way for Muslims to wash their hands of the problem of radicalisation without having to do anything to counteract it. The 'moderate Muslim' voices are there, but some people aren't interested in hearing them.

7. DepakUllal

DepakUllal Occasional commenter

God bless you Lanokia.

8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

9. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

There was an excellent interview on Channel 4 news last night wherein a spokeswoman for a Muslim organisation in the US spoke. clearly and with very reasoned arguments against Trump, the opposing pro-Trump commenter answered little but made a number of trite comments, Jon Snow was excellent.

Will try to link....

10. sabrinakat

Post 10, me thinks?

As you can see, thread has not yet descended to trollism....

Dragonlady30 and lanokia like this.
  11. sabrinakat

12. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Ouch...

upload_2015-12-13_13-33-2.png

sparkleghirl likes this.
  13. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

They are there (moderate voices) and that is as it should be with any decent god fearing religion. The mosques now (if not already) need to be more publicly proactive in denouncing terrorism via their religion, then it may hold credence with more people than at present.

14. Biles

Biles Established commenter

Daily Mirror not mainstream?

15. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Have you been into a Mosque to check? I'm serious, I haven't been in a church to check what is being preached, or a synagogue... or a Mosque.

And why demand Mosques condemn things when Muslims are already condemning them. Lets face it, the whole of the worlds 1.2 billion Muslims could stand up with one voice and 'condemn' things... wouldn't be good enough for some people.

InkyP likes this.
  16. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

I go to my church almost every Sunday (RC) the message there is one of mercy and forgiveness and inclusion of all faiths under God. Similar message from the Mosques has not reach me yet. I will wait patiently.

17. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Most terrorism seems to emanate from Islamic nations.

18. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I think you'll find you have to go to the Mosque to hear the message...

19. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I addressed this on the other thread Lexus... just not true. 7/7... UK born terrorists... Paris, November 2015 [LINK] All of the known Paris attackers were EU citizens, w

The USA? LINK More from what they term 'right wing' attacks. Even the deadly jihadist attacks, how many were by Muslims born in the USA.

20. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Sorry Lexus, was thinking about your use of the word 'emanate' and figured you might have meant the ideas that inspire terrorism.

Did I read you wrong?