1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

You know your OH has taken over the house when....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by janegeography, Jun 4, 2011.

1. ....it is tidy!

2. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

now thats just mean! no one should have to put up with that!

3. My house is full of electrical leads. I put them all in a box together because the rage was too much but they seem to have escaped. Or bred.
    Also - board games from decades ago that take up valuable drawer and cupboard space. No, Mr. CK - I will NEVER play them with you or anyone else. Take them to the frickin' charity shop (although since we had a child, he now has a spark of hope that one day she'll want to play them, so I doubt he'll get rid of them now. Sigh.)

*shoulders slump*

4. ditwee

ditwee New commenter

My house is full of dismembered computer cases and computer parts, all over the floor, every surface, dangling from shelves, all linked together with a spider's web of wires. If he wasn't here I'd be able to actually turn on the TV/media centre (cos there'd be no media centre and a simple press of the ON button would do the job, instead of the complicated process it is now ). But if he wasn't here, there'd be no internet access. Every cloud has a silver lining...I think.

5. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

You wrote my post for me. [​IMG] Thanks.

6. snowstorm

snowstorm New commenter

Thanks for reminding me why it's bliss living on one's own! Mind you, my new guy must be noticing the ever-increasing line of shoes in his once-spruce and tidy house!!

7. Are you in our house???
    I may be messy but he is a complete technophile. Anything simple needs a gadget to do it!
    He hoards too- at least I do throw things away on a regular basis. 8 year old university notes? haven't looked at them since finals? No, still need them apparently, just in case.....

8. forestje

forestje New commenter

I smiled when I read this.

9. Know EXACTLY where you're coming from... [​IMG]
    C x

10. It's great - except that he gets stressed when things aren't put away. It's a whole mindset thing. He always puts things away when he finishes with it - I don't and neither do the children usually. I visited my sister with the children for the weekend and came home to a very tidy house - it didn't last long!

11. Crystalsecrets

Crystalsecrets New commenter

The toilet seat is always left up!

12. .......there is a front bumber in the living room!

13. I take it you mean bumper? I hope you do.

14. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

lol [​IMG]