1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

You know you work in a school when...

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Sweep09, Nov 14, 2010.

1. This thread is great and so many of the posts are true!
    To add to it........

When you feel the need to e.mail the bbc1 childrens tv show copycats to point out the the contetstants have name badges with a mixture of upper and lower case latters such as eMMa, DaYNa and beN and this sets a bad example to children.

When you get an ipad for Christmas and the first thing you do isnresearch how you can use it in the classroom!

When buying first marks headlice solution is a normal item in your weekly shop!

When hysteria breaks out when chilcren discover your "real" name!

2. When you don't have to buy any chocolate at Christmas because you have carry bags of presents given buy your class!!!

dnm, Pomza and hammie like this.
  3. .... and when your family now automatically flatten the cellophane and uncrinkle the foil from the sweets in a Quality Street tin so you can take them to school for the children to be "creative" in the arts corner.

4. Ha, this is hilarious. Mine is you know you are a reception teacher when you zip up the anorak of the parent of a child you are talking to in the supermarket! In my defence I only did this once.

sparkleghirl, dnm and nellspencer like this.
  5. When you go onto the Communicate in Print website to find out why your copy isn't printing anymore - notice lots of freebie PDF downloads - spend the next few hours downloading them using your own ink and paper - on New Year's Day - and look forward to making booklets out of them. [​IMG]

6. Sweep09

Sweep09 New commenter

YES!!! Why are they so obsessed with finding out your 'real' name?!! xx

7. hammie

hammie Lead commenter

when you cannot go on holiday anwhere without bumping into an ex pupil

8. captain scarlet

captain scarlet Established commenter

Taking it a little further, you start to watch a film, oh yes, I've seen the first part of this 20 times, [as lessons quite frequently don not allow for the completion]

9. captain scarlet

captain scarlet Established commenter

Your friends say to you, oh yes we went on that holiday, oh but it only cost us one third of what you paid, did you go executive or something. We went in JUNE

10. newromantic

newromantic Occasional commenter

when you can only visit the loo after the sound of a bell!

11. denice304

denice304 New commenter

When you walk around the supermarket at the weekend, and a pupil spots you... Then asks why your there and not at school. You reply, to buy food for my family. The child has a puzzled look, and then says 'Oh why school has lots of food, just go into the big kitchen. Some think we actually live in school 24/7

12. Inigo_Jones

Inigo_Jones New commenter

You know you work in a school when...

You steal stationery from home to take to work...

13. jomaimai

jomaimai Established commenter

Don't we? :)

14. grasshopper2000

grasshopper2000 Occasional commenter

When you spend evenings doing rediculas thing like writing a letter to a chicken!

Piscean1 likes this.
  15. Sweep09

Sweep09 New commenter

You started this thread 8 years ago and are happy it's stil going! Wonder if any commenters have left teaching though!! xx

16. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

:D:D:D:D:D

17. When you spend weekends doing paperwork and lesson plans not fun stuff with your family. My mom was guilty of this too much.

18. vannie

vannie Star commenter

And did you have nice holidays? Lots of books? A nice lifestyle? Do you think that your Mum wanted to work that hard?

Piscean1 likes this.