1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

You know you work in a school when...

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Sweep09, Nov 14, 2010.

1. ditwee

ditwee New commenter

You make all your friends and relatives save the outer cellophane wrapper of Quality Streets and fill your pockets with them - stained glass window effects here we come...

2. That is tooooooo funny! I do that too!

You can always spot someone who works in school when they begin to address a noisy group of people/children with a very loud, "Errrrrr......" before continuing!!!!

3. Oops! My comment earlier was in response to the one quoted above!

You know you're a teacher when you can't leave an error & have to put it right!!!! Lol!

4. Sweep09

Sweep09 New commenter

I do the ERRRR thing all the time...x

5. ... you grab the toblerone packaging cos it is a triangular prism (also got a coffee maker in packaging that is an hexagonal prism for Christmas - cor!)and will be useful for teaching 3D shape.

6. lots of bags, dead give away!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. You buy your child the items on his Christmas list that you know will be useful for a lesson in the future!

8. flickaz

flickaz New commenter

You spend the first 10 minutes of the first day back explaining in graphic detail exactly what operation you had on your knees in the holidays because the kids aren't satisfied with "they took some stuff out". I love year 6. Now if only I could get that much enthusiasm for their maths work...

9. Being admitted to A&E and spotting an ex-pupil handcuffed to a police officer refusing to give his real name. Turns catches you in a hospital gown and with drip and begs you not to 'grass me up Miss' Then gives in revealing his name after 'The Look' from me not realising I can barely function let alone talk lol!

10. Haha glad I'm not the only one who does this!
    You know you're a teacher when......you collect cereal boxes etc for 'junk modelling'

11. When....
    You say with great enthusiasm to your husband who has just announced he has made dinner: "Oh, well done! Good boy!"
    The look I got in return last night was priceless!!!

12. Constantly!

13. I have lost count of the amount of times I have done that!

14. ...you get annoyed watching a football match as the players names do not start in capital letters on their t-shirts and thinking that is not a good for children to be watching as it is hard enough to get them to write their own name with a capital letter!!
    fab thread, keep it going, has kept me giggling and I too should be planning, but frantically looking at clock as it is nearly 9pm and have to go to bed!!
    oh dear!

15. ...you have countless bruises on your legs the same height as the tables.

16. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

yes, bruised legs, snagged clothes from the rough desk edges at the same height - and ink stains on both legs and clothes from the pens in your pockets.

17. taj

taj

red ones...

18. The Red Heron

The Red Heron New commenter

you keep hearing the term 'work life balance' as if we're the only profession that works long (ish ) hours

I can assure everybody that nobody outside this insular profession has any sympathy for us at all

19. When all your friends expect you to correct their children. When everyone thinks that your children must be clever because your a teacher???? Like you want to work at home and re-visit that weeks work.

20. Sweep09

Sweep09 New commenter

When you say "WALK DOWN THE CORRIDORS!" at least a million times a day!
    x x