1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

You know you are a (Fill in missing word) teacher when....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by jet786, Jun 16, 2011.

1. [​IMG] Right now a teacher who is counting the days...

2. Right now I am a very tired teacher and yes, also counting the days.

3. Henriettawasp

Henriettawasp New commenter

You know you are a science teacher when you are asked to diagnose students' (and colleagues') medical problems.

4. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

You know you're a supply teacher when the only other person in the staffroom answers the internal phone with 'No, there's nobody here'.

5. Way to make you feel important....

6. You know you're a ICT teacher when people ask you to fix the cooker/other electrical appliances.

7. you know you're a maths teacher when you get asked (a) how to fill in mileage expenses claims (b) how to covert days to years (honestly!) (c) to check test score totals (d).........

8. I know I am a very Old Fashioned Teacher but was thinking of setting up text numbers with my current one to one group (6 students) so that I can remind them that they have a lesson and approximately where it is - nightmare at the moment: all rooms being used for exams. Then I thought: would this be allowed? Would I have to get permission from school and parents? I do find it amazing that you could have nearly 200 numbers stored on your phone. I find it hard with the dozen or so I have!

9. The once vibrant staff room in my old school is occupied only by the odd supply teacher paid on cover 'teacher' rates. So sad, on at least two levels. When I say 'odd', there are only a few who are a bit strange ...

10. I know of one teacher who gives his mobile # to his 11 and 12 math students in case they have an issue with homework and allows them to call up to 10pm in the week.
    Cant say that appeals to me! Call me old fashioned but....[​IMG]

11. nah - me neither - but i would love to text homework - sometimes something comes up in class and i throw it out as homework, buut then they forget (and i do too [​IMG] )
    following it up with a text would be great
    but when we get our vle up.....

12. You know you're a primary school teacher when you find yourself repeatedly asking, "So who's sitting nicely?"

13. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

VLEs are great for ensuring pupils have no excusenot to know what homework / lesson task is etc.

14. Yeah you would think that but it is amazing how at this time of the year how unreliable printers, wifi the internet and how hard it is to connect to the internet can be
    Oh for the classics of my dog ate it....instead of my laptop was nto working so I had to survive playing COD on the xbox because i could not do your homework

15. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

You know you're a TEFL teacher when you find yourself trying to explain for the twentieth time that not all English people drink tea/eat fish and chips every day/read The Times/wear bowler hats to work!

16. You know you're an English teacher when you get to take the minutes at ALL the meeting because everyone else is scared you'll laugh at their spelling.

17. DOn't have to be a TEFL person, I was in a school in Canada and even though I am from Wales they assumed I was English and kept talking about tea and crumpets for some reason, I confused them later by saying that I spoke English and not Canadian...Even some of the teachers looked confused at that one let alone the students..

18. You know you're a Music teacher when someone comes into your room and asks how you work with such a noise and you reply with 'what noise?'.

19. You know you're a teacher who is also a parent when you resist the urge to correct the spelling and grammar written in your son's home reading record

20. acertainsomething

acertainsomething Occasional commenter

You know you are a male Primary school teacher when you are comfortable around other women when they are talking about shoes