1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

You know those laminated ears....

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by NellyFUF, May 18, 2011.

1. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Senior commenter

My friend has just made me laugh.
    Sat at carpet time she advised a child to listen and not call out and pointed to the (Sparkle Box) signs for sitting etc. One was a picture of an ear. "Look" she said, "it's an ear, we are listening"
    To which the child replied in all seriousness.
    "That's not an ear, it's a todger"
    I am just creased up laughing.

2. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Senior commenter

My friend has just made me laugh.
    Sat at carpet time she advised a child to listen and not call out and pointed to the (Sparkle Box) signs for sitting etc. One was a picture of an ear. "Look" she said, "it's an ear, we are listening"
    To which the child replied in all seriousness.
    "That's not an ear, it's a todger"
    I am just creased up laughing.

3. inky

inky Lead commenter

I never did trust Story Props.
    Mr inky's todger doesn't look like an ear. In fact, I've never seem one that did.

4. I go in a school quite regularly that, as a church school, has a cross on show in the school hall... it's a beautiful cross, carved into the cross section of a tree trunk, nice and curvey (not at all like the gruesome crucifixes of my school days).
    I cannot unsee in my mind that it looks like a bumcrack, with the swoop of the bottom of the bumcheeks and the gap between the legs - it haunts my mind every assembly I go into there!