1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

You know it's almost time to break up when .....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lucylollipop, Jul 10, 2011.

1. lucylollipop

lucylollipop New commenter

The Master card ad appears, with all those teachers rushing out of school, off to the airport and jumping into the pool. Love it![​IMG]

2. On a less positive note - you know the holidays are nearly here when the biting insects start to inflict itching and scratching!!

3. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

The supermarkets hang up the "back to school" banners and fill the place with uniform!

4. You've handed in the end of year levels, updated the APP grids for the last time, and you know that anything you teach in the next two weeks will not be remembered past lunchtime!

5. lucylollipop

lucylollipop New commenter

And you start feeling a bit soppy about those two kids you've wanted to punch all year![​IMG]

6. lardylady

lardylady Lead commenter

No way- I still want to punch them.

7. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

... the kids are so tired they start calling you Mum.

Or worse - Grandad. I was not impressed by that one!

8. reddevil

reddevil New commenter

I love that Barclaycard advert but hate the Back to School signs that are already up in certain supermarkets. Six 'working' days left for me [​IMG]

9. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

When threads start appearing on Personal from teachers wondering how on earth they're going to fill their time during the summer holidays.

10. When you start routinely drinking every night - even the school nights!!!