1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

You know it's a sad cookery day when...

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by steffiw, May 29, 2011.

1. Not only is there no cake in the cake tin, but also no flour in the store cupboard [​IMG]

2. Not only is there no cake in the cake tin, but also no flour in the store cupboard [​IMG]

3. I have not baked either.
    Normally I bake on Sundays (usually) - but this week it will be later, as we now have a rota at work amongst the bakers, and my day is Friday, but I have taken Friday off, so it will be Monday week!
    We have had some fab cakes and a lot of recipe swapping.
    We had a great Fanta cake the other day (I can give you the recipe if you want, but it is still at work).

4. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

This happened to me today, too. I was going to make some cupcakes after everyone left this afternoon and found there was no flour left - funny thing is I don't remember using up the last bit!

5. egyptgirl

If? IF???
    Yes, please.
    [​IMG]

6. I will bring it home tomorrow! It is really easy - only cup measures, no weighing!

7. egyptgirl

Sounds like my sort of recipe! [​IMG]

8. I haven't baked today either, however, there's half a fruit cake in the cake tin. I am planning to make lemon drizzle cake, almond sponge cake and GF choc brownies this wk. I love baking with my girls in half term :)

9. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Got any ground almonds in?
    or...
    Refrigerator cake??

10. Ohhhhhhhh, if so you could make Santiago cake!

11. All the store cupboard has in it is: honey, cocoa powder, an almost empty pack of mixed fruit and soft brown sugar.

Methinks I need to go shopping!

12. Do you have some bread? (gluten free, I know...)
    That is enough to make a bread and butter chocolate fruity pudding.

13. Thanks CQ, but as far as I'm concerned bread and butter pudding is the dog's vomit!

I have however found a can of condensed milk, so reckon I could make banoffee pie tomorrow.