1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Lascarina, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Just that really. It seems that TES has tried hard and just come up with an even messier dog's breakfast than ever.

2. BobbyPhilips

BobbyPhilips Established commenter

It will never work. The old days were so much better. Why can't they stop changing things?

3. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

It appears that moaning is the new black o_O

anotherauntsally likes this.
  4. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Actually…. You can make a silk purse out of a sows ear….

Just saying.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  5. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

Making silk purses out of sow's ears has been a teacher's lot for many years now.

HelenREMfan and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  6. yfel_endwerce

yfel_endwerce Established commenter

The current software is far better and much easier to use than the last was.
    There's been a few teething problems but they have been (mostly) sorted.
    Navigation, when you get used to the new system, is far easier and a good deal quicker.
    I don't think all the bells and whistles are entirely necessary but I suppose they may prove to be useful at some point.
    There certainly seem to be fewer complaints about the user-experience (those that are around seem to being addressed) and far more praise

Not that I get much opportunity to use them or to display how quickly even someone like me can grasp even the non-essential frippery.
    By the time this post gets passed (if it does) this thread will have moved to page two

7. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

My god, you were lucky to have sow's ears! I had to make silk purses out of far less promising material!

(Snortle)

8. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

You could probably make a silky purse. Depending upon the pig-breed.

9. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Aren't silkies a type of hen? Dogsarenotstupid would know! So you might be able to make a purse out of a silky, but it probably wouldn't be a silk one!

10. grumpydogwoman

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pick a pig!

11. Motherofchikkins

Motherofchikkins Star commenter

Yes they are. Gorgeous little things. I had two hatch out a few days ago :) Just adorable

Lara mfl 05 and bombaysapphire like this.
  12. grumpydogwoman

13. Motherofchikkins

Motherofchikkins Star commenter

Mine are just white :) But still very cute

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  14. grumpydogwoman

I think the whitest are the nicest anyway. Why does @Motherofchikkins have a parrot as avatar????

15. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hello @Lascarina,

Please can you let me know what part of the site you are not happy with? I need more details in order to pass on feedback about all aspects of the new forums in order to help improve the site further.

Other users have commented that the pages load more quickly, the layout is simpler and the navigation is easier as a result.

The new site has a lot of features that most forum members have been asking for for some time, and I hope in time that you will find the changes will be helpful to you.

Middlemarch likes this.
  16. anotherauntsally

anotherauntsally Lead commenter

Why did you quote BobbyP? I assumed he was being sarcastic. Do you maybe think he wasn't?

17. lunarita

lunarita Lead commenter

A week on from last week's news and I would still rather not think of pigs, thanks.

18. grumpydogwoman

Oh, @lunarita! What do you have against pigs?

(Please say it's not your personal bits.)

19. yfel_endwerce

yfel_endwerce Established commenter

No
    I just mucked up the multi-quote, got logged out before I could edit and then forgot about it.
    I'll get better when I get a handle on the software I hope

anotherauntsally likes this.
  20. lunarita

lunarita Lead commenter

I've nothing against the pig, the pig was an unfortunate victim I think.