1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

You can tell the holiday has started...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by missys, Mar 31, 2012.

1. I woke up this morning to grey overcast skies and that cold that has been threatening all week has taken hold and I feel grotty. And I bet I am not the only one.

Still, two lovely weeks to look forward to that will be fab despite the cold and the weather!

2. I woke up to a stinking headache after consuming enough wine to successfully wipe the previous term from my memory, safe in the knowledge that I had 2 weeks to recover!

3. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

And I've got no work this year, normally the TEFL season starts now, but there is a severe lack of students this year, if only I could afford to get the DELTA!!

4. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

I am seriously beginning to wonder if I am the working in the only county in the entire UK that has another 4 days until holidays start?
    However I did join impulce feeling a little rough this morning, after unselfishly helping teacher friends wind down after a long term by celebrating the start of the hols. :)

5. dominant_tonic

Sorry - thought impulce was the OP. Missys - hope you feel better soon. Annoying and predictable, but on the plus side, at least it is out - better than mithering you for the two weeks. xx

6. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

My holidays haven't started yet- we don't break up until Thursday [​IMG]

7. dominant_tonic

At last - someone else not on holidays! I hate the late Easter holidays, made worse by the fact that the weather will be rubbish whenwe break up. I am also thinking of boycotting FB as everyone seems to be on Easter hols, and I won't even be able to get my own back when they return to work, because on supply so have another week of supply in a different county. Humph.

8. All the schools in our city have broken up EXCEPT the Catholic ones which break up on a Thursday - awkward for parents with a child at each one!

9. Perfectly happy to go for another four days, well three now, and break up on Thursday.
    When everyone has to go back the week after Easter and I've got another lovely week to languish. And it means my holiday is two weeks and a day.
    Who cares about the weather anyway? I love being at home with NOTHING to do!!!

10. Know the feeling. I have felt off all last week and over th weekend I fell ill. Valiantly went to school yesterday thinking that l could make it through the 4 days, but l ended up coming home early after nearly collapsing! Bring on the holidays!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Typical way to start a holiday.
    You can tell its the school holidays - roads are clear and herds of children roam through the shopping centres!!

12. No you are not alone, I too have started the holiday with an awful cold, not fair is it?

13. Here here! We also break up on Thursday - also being the Catholic School in the city - which means an easy drive in to school for 4 days as most of the school traffic is missing, two weeks and a day off and - the best bit - a whole week knowing everyone else is back at school[​IMG]

14. tiddlypoohsmum

tiddlypoohsmum New commenter

Annoying isn't it. My son is at a RC primary and they finish Thurs. Knacks up childcare and family holidays for all us parents that work in education at non RC schools as he still has another week off when we go back to school. Local authorities work together so this doesn't happen across borders so it's real pain when schools decide to be different. The they send you the "Primary Times" to say look at all these holiday events that your child can't attend because they're still at school.

15. Lucky you! We don't break up till Thurs but go back a week on Monday - no 2 week break for us!

16. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious New commenter

I actually did some dusting. And hoovered the car.
    I feel so proactive.