1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

You can tell its getting warmer..........

Discussion in 'Personal' started by impis, Feb 24, 2011.

1. impis

impis New commenter

The ice cream man has just stopped outside our house - with his music playing - and Mr Imp has gone to buy me an ice cream.

mmmmm yummy!

2. impis

impis New commenter

The ice cream man has just stopped outside our house - with his music playing - and Mr Imp has gone to buy me an ice cream.

mmmmm yummy!

3. But the most important question is....what did you have? If it wasnt a Zap, im not interested.

4. I don't think I've seen an ice cream van round our way for many a year. I miss them. On the subject of it getting warmer I went to prune (well I was told to) our flowering cherry trees before they started getting growing and the *** were all in bud! I thought they would still hibernating or whatever it is that trees do in the winter.

5. I see the swear word filter is in full-on mode. B.ugger.

6. anotherauntsally

anotherauntsally Senior commenter

Too right. Was it a cone or a slider? If you had a squasher or a chocolate nougat, I'll just be too jealous. My favourites but I haven't seen an ice-cream van for years.

7. anon468

anon468 New commenter

And the second most important question is - what tune was the ice cream van playing?
    The one that came round ours all last summer played the theme tune from Monty Python's Flying Circus. Made me grin like a loon every time I heard it. [​IMG]

8. impis

impis New commenter

It was a cone. With a flake, and sprinkles and raspberry sauce.
    And it was delicious!
    It is so nice to be able to get an ice cream from the icecream man. When our kids were small, and at home, we told them that the ice cream man only played his tune if his ice cream machine was broken. We had to - for our sanity - as he turned up with disarming regularity, at least twice a day!

9. anon468

anon468 New commenter

[​IMG]

10. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Tsk, tsk.
    The Liberty Bell March by John Philip Sousa. The link with Monty Python is incidental.

11. I'm pretty sure Sousa didn't add .....Tffffthhhhwwwuuuuuuuuuppppp at he end of his march.

12. anon468

anon468 New commenter

nomad - I did not know that! I love that I learn something new every day on TES. [​IMG]
    baubs - alas the ice cream van hadn't figured out a way of doing the farty noise at the end. But maybe this year... [​IMG]

13. anotherauntsally

anotherauntsally Senior commenter

Oh, a 99 with all the trimmings.
    I'll bet. I love these too.

14. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Ok here is a sad fact. I love trees. I have grown many from seed or seedling over the years. Today I decided that the Scots Pine I have been nurturing since it was two needles and a tiny root, needed to go into a massive pot. Off I went to get said pot (£28 but HOOOJ), and transferred said tree with much heaving, shoving, delicate cupping of root balls (ooer missus), transfer of bulbs (also in pot) into this giant pot in my front garden. No worries about it being nicked as it weighs tons now. i am quite chuffed with myself.
    I then glued back together the pot the pine came out of, and hopefully the industrial strength exterior no nails uberglue will hold so I can transfer the horse chestnut, which is in way too small a pot, into where the pine used to live. It is very satisfying to grow a beautiful native (relatively) British tree from seed into a healthy small tree of six feet or so. Then I return them to the wild so they can grow up free and happy. Free the tree.

15. Can you look after my pine tree, in a pot grown, by my kids from seed when I'm on holiday Jacob?
    I can tell it's getting warmer by the noise the frogs are making mating in next doors pond. They've been at it several days and nights now, Then if the males have no luck next door they'll climb through to my smaller pond and make even more noise!

16. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

When I went to my local Tescos tonight, the local Slapper Lasses were out in their Strappy Tops!!! Spring has Sprung!!!

17. I feel the cold terribly. I work in a modern, open plan BSF school which is absolutely freezing and I have to wear vests under my clothes daily. Also when I went to the chiropodists over half term, he commented on how cold my feet were!
    However, I did sleep with one leg out of the covers for part of last night, and I rarely roast in bed, so it has to be warming up. Long may it continue!

18. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

I want frogs!

19. Lardy you stole my thunder...I was about to say you can tell it's warm when mountains of white flesh escape from vest tops.

20. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

Crocuses :)