1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

You are what you eat. The UK Situation.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Richie Millions, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

English-style diet 'could save 4,000' in rest of UK

Why is it that the Scots, Welsh and Irish are such lard a r s e s ? I can't believe it is just because they are poor and ill educated?

Any ideas why they choose to reject that more sophisticated look of the superior nation?

2. At this present moment I am a bacon, egg and black pudding sarnie....och aye boyo.

3. Richie Millions

To be sure , to be sure ......

4. Die earlier due to poor diet.
    Poor diet due to poverty.
    Poverty due to poor education.
    So, either we blame the Celtic fringe teachers, or we assume that all Celts are a bit dim.

cyolba, engendering enmity since 1873 :)

5. the evil tokoloshe

the evil tokoloshe New commenter

Traditional foods may be the answer. Personal favourites from the unhelathier parts of the UK:
    Ireland - white pudding, soda bread (fresh with lots of butter)
    Scotland - haggis, pies
    Wales - rarebit, welsh cakes (high in fat I think you'll find).
    meanwhile in a lot of England, salad and sandwiches have taken over theoretically!

6. Richie Millions

Do the Scots still do that deep fried Mars Bar thing or was that just an urban myth?

7. Richie Millions

As always good succinct analysis cybola. At present I'm looking at both rather than either or.

8. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I've never eaten one, never been to a chippie that sold them, don't know anyone who has eaten one. I would love to know whether they are an urban myth or not, too.

9. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Anyway . . . .they only spout all this diatribe on the news every now and again to ensure your air of superiority gets a good . . . . . . . .airing?
    [​IMG]

10. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

I've seen them for sale in Scottish chip shops. I've also seen someone order a pizza which was then battered and chucked in the deep fat frier.

11. but you can't deny the gregg's macaroni pie

12. [​IMG]

13. Do you think they're fired to remote Highland villages that don't have a chippy?

14. Richie Millions

1873 England 4 Scotland 2 x

15. So you are a woman?
    I thought so.

16. Richie Millions

17. Then its odd that you didn't correct me.
    Very odd indeed.
    'Dear'

18. Richie Millions

To be honest sweetie I don't think it really matters what gender I am. Seren believes me to be a woman and has promised to let me know when she changes her mind. I am in fact a man. I am odd that is true. I am asexual and never had a relationship with another. I think if you could be bothered to do a search there is abundant information about me previously shared and discussed on these pages. I thank you for your interest in me and bid you farewell this evening as the somnambulance has just arrived x

19. piglet171

piglet171 New commenter

"Deep fried mars bars, chips and cheese,
    High rates of heart disease......"
    sung to the tune of Peer Gynt's Hall of the Mountain King (I think),
    from Scottish Opera for kids 2 years ago, in which Scots and French kids were extolling the virtues of their respective countries!