1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

You are all my imaginary friends!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Dunteachin, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

This has got to stop. I am fearing for my sanity. I have become obsessed by these fora. I know an awful lot about some of you: marital status; children; financial problems; health problems; your opinions on a vast array of topics. Some of you don't realise how much personal information you divulge! The thing is, you are all so real to me. I have started thinking about you! I could be out gardening, meeting real people, joining a Zumba class. My OH keeps asking if I am with my imaginary friends again ( as opposed to my " dead people"- I research my ancestry).
    For God's sake, when does Autumn term start? I hope I get lots of supply work. I need to be weaned off this, somehow.
    I'm just going to have a quick look at Health and Wellbeing......

2. Not just me then! Thank goodness for that.

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

No, me too!
    Perhaps it's because as supplies, we're 'waiting for work', as opposed to preparing for work! (Technically I'm researching possible new ideas to incorporate into my supply file! Well that's my excuse.)

4. Oh dear - I'm not "waiting for work", I'm IN work, albeit part-time, so I should certainly be preparing! However, having just spent all day working on an OU essay, the forums (fora?) beckoned... what can you do?

5. polly2

polly2 New commenter

Nothing wrong with online friends. I have met some TESSERS before, I have made great friends on another forum and I met my boyfriend of two years online.

6. jmntsp

jmntsp New commenter

Get yourself a T Shirt printed, lol...my teenage son has a sweatshirt that reads, 'My Imaginary Friend Thinks I Have Mental Problems'. It makes me laugh every time he wears it.

7. But we are real ! You just can't see us. I don't look like Jane Austen so don't believe everything we post.

8. Noja

Noja Senior commenter

Whereas I sadly do look like this [​IMG]
    Don't worry until you start dreaming about TES...

9. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

I am a figment of my own imagination, TES is virtual.
    which makes you a figment of a figment of a figment.
    How unimportant is that?
    [​IMG]

10. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

"I was the kid next door's imaginary friend."
    Emo Philips

11. Dunteachin

I've managed a whole two hours without you all. I'm just popping to Aldi. Don't go anywhere.

12. I've fallen out with my imaginary friend. The ******* had an affair with my imaginary girlfriend, Wanda.

13. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

These threads have been twisted into a lifeline.
    I've been struggling this past year with various things in my life and TES has proved to be somewhere I can get away from it all and have a laugh or be empathetic (pathetic perhaps) with other people who are anonymous but there.
    Don't knock virtual friends; I'm getting to know people who I'd never have had chance to in 'real' life.
    Eg. I just had a look here and am grateful for the laughs another TESSER has provided for me yet again.
    OR Maybe I'm just addicted too. [​IMG]

14. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

Anyone read Nick Harkaway - Gone Away World?
    It was narrated by an imaginary friend.

15. I dream about TESSERS too...... it's a bit scary! I also find it easier to be with my 'imaginary' friends, than come home tired and actually have to use my voice to speak to people I know in real life......I like being anonymous [​IMG]

16. Dunteachin

I'm back now. Glad to see others have come out to play. Ended up in S********y's where I got excited about fabric conditioner, made a fool of myself at the scan-it-yourself checkout and succumbed to a box of exceedingly nice almond slices. Oh, and baked beans are on offer!
    Having seen the interview with the conductor John Wilson, I also got his CD "That's entertainment". Apparently, MGM threw away the original scores to some film musicals and he has spent hours reconstructing them, by listening to the soundtracks! Am singing along to the Trolley Song as I write this.
    Some bird (the feathered variety) has had a terrible accident (not imaginary) on the garage door.
    Really should go and clean it up before the OH comes home and aks what I've been doing all day!!