1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Yodel

Discussion in 'Personal' started by minnie me, Oct 24, 2020.

1. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Ordered a Vax online for my Mum yesterday. Due to day .Tracked til 4 away . Checked my phone @ 5 and says it has been delivered @ 16 54 !! . It required a signature too .Customer Service closed til Monday. Very frustrating. Anything I can do ?

2. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Look in your wheelie bin.

Also, double check the original order.
    The scenario you describe could happen if they have the wrong house number, which I have done before by accidentally selecting the wrong one from my postcode.

Also, it might yet come today. If the weather is vile, a delivery driver can sometimes do all their admin for "delivered" before setting off, to minimise time in the rain.

Also you could go around trying all the houses with the same number as yours within a five mile radius.

Also, you could try all the houses on your street.

Also, Yodel are hopeless and you might need to spend an hour on the phone on Monday. The good news is there is still time to go and get some chocolate biscuits and gin in preparation for the call.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  3. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

Check the garden or anywhere else they may have thrown it. Porch. Neighbours, too.

Have been a few times I have come home and packages were dropped in my back garden then declared 'delivered'.

sodalime likes this.
  4. sodalime

sodalime Star commenter

Yodel, like other big companies, outsource a lot of their deliveries to smaller courier firms, some of which operate a 'contactless delivery' method due to covid. It could very well have been left somewhere outside as other posters have said, and if not, it'll be sat in the back of somebody's van until Monday, when they will probably deliver it.

5. ajrowing

ajrowing Star commenter

It is very easy to be critical of the drivers for "delivering" parcels as described above.
    But perhaps we should take a step back and consider the reasons why they behave in that manner.
    Unstable employment, target culture and so on.

Bungie and sodalime like this.
  6. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Thanks for that. Checked in the bins. Our neighbours are ancient / not in so just not an option I think ? You would expect a card saying left at ... It’s the signature thing which bothers me ? We deal with Yodel fairly regularly ( Zooplus for our cats ) . The latest packages have been a bit bashed but we have got them ...

sodalime likes this.
  7. sodalime

sodalime Star commenter

The other thing that just occurred to me is that they could have delivered the parcel to the wrong house - it's easy to make a simple mistake and transpose numbers (No 36 turns into No 63) or deliver to a Gorse Avenue rather than a Gorse Drive or street (just using Gorse as an example)

8. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Yes but not sure how I will track it down ? our local roads have different names.

sodalime likes this.
  9. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

I think tomorrow when the weather is not biblical I shall go house to house :eek: and double check before I tackle the company on Monday. You can imagine my Mum’s reaction ... am heading for the vino collapso :D ....

sodalime likes this.
  10. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

Yodel will know who signed for it and so where it is.

Not sure if this is happening to you ladies and gents but I get all delivery drivers these days wanting to take a photo of my front door, also as proof of where an item was delivered.

I would not worry too much. Seeing as it is a vacuum cleaner, just suck it up :p

(Sorry, that will start a deluge of attempts to make puns now.....and I am just as bad.......)

Lalad, sodalime and minnie me like this.
  11. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Tomorrow when the phone lines open phone Yodal first. Regardless of the weather.

12. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Bloody rude of you, in my opinion.

sodalime likes this.
  13. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Closed on Sunday :(

14. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Well you would think .... though when I have signed with that electronic pen it could be anything :rolleyes:. Still thanks for the reassurance and Iin reality there are far bigger issues at hand currently..

15. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Well, normally I'd oblige-you know me!-but when it comes to vaccum cleaner jokes, I tend to hold back, unless it's about a Dyson, in which case I've really got no filter.

ajrowing, minnie me, dumpty and 2 others like this.
  16. hplovegame48

hplovegame48 Occasional commenter

I'd suggest posting on their Twitter and FB page. I've found in the past that it usually makes them more responsive.

Bungie likes this.
  17. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

Ah, get 'oover yerself :D

sodalime and minnie me like this.
  18. sodalime

sodalime Star commenter

That's a step up.;)
    On a more serious note, nobody may have actually signed for it . . depends on the app or pda the delivery driver used and whether it's been updated to include, on a drop down menu of possible options, 'left on doorstep'. But if someone has actually signed for it, they may well have done in genuine innocence thinking perhaps that someone else in the house had ordered a hoover and forgot to mention it over the breakfast cereal.

minnie me and dumpty like this.
  19. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Yes I suspect the signing is a bit hit and miss to be honest but I shall pursue and up date here as / when. Thanks

sodalime likes this.
  20. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

It is probably Tonik intercepting the package so they can claw back some of that credit they promised you/us. :p

Mum's vac, coming soon to a boot sale near you...