1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Yo!! AQA Question! GAGGING for help!!

Discussion in 'English' started by hardbastard, Dec 19, 2011.

1. hardbastard

hardbastard New commenter

I am tutoring a student doing GCSE AQA English Lit and Language. She has just completed her controlled assessment for GCSE Lit where she has been asked to write about Macbeth and Romeo & Juliet. My issue is...Is this allowed? I thought, from looking through the spec, that she'd have to compare a Shakespeare text to one of the titles from the lit heritage (e.g. Macbeth to Animal Farm or whatever). Am I right or is what her teacher's done Ok? Sorry to be vague...I teach GCSE English myself but we only run the English Language spec.

2. hardbastard

hardbastard New commenter

I am tutoring a student doing GCSE AQA English Lit and Language. She has just completed her controlled assessment for GCSE Lit where she has been asked to write about Macbeth and Romeo & Juliet. My issue is...Is this allowed? I thought, from looking through the spec, that she'd have to compare a Shakespeare text to one of the titles from the lit heritage (e.g. Macbeth to Animal Farm or whatever). Am I right or is what her teacher's done Ok? Sorry to be vague...I teach GCSE English myself but we only run the English Language spec.

3. anteater

anteater New commenter

Shakespeare counts as English Literary Heritage, and it's fine to write about two Shakespeare plays. Panic not!