1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Yet another assessing in Sept 2012 thread ...

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Ucan2, Jul 31, 2012.

1. I am so sorry if I am repeating anything already posted but as always I really don't know what I am doing! I have very gratefully recieved/downloaded assessments from those very hard working and kind hearted EYFS teachers - thank you so much for sharing. However... I understood the new system was supposed to be less paperwork/assessing/highlighting etc. whereas using these lovely proformas would actually be more. Is it just that we have all been programmed to produce evidence in all forms or is this actually the way we should go? Does anyone actually know what County will be wanting in place of the entry profile (if anything) next term? We have absoluely no information passed to use from the various pre-schools, so any data would have to be gathered at school. I am so sorry to sound so dim but I really feel like I have missed some vital information.

2. MissMistoffelees

MissMistoffelees New commenter

I am going to collect the same amount of evidence as a safety net (I also find my mind goes blank on what children can do when faced with an official form!) and have no idea on what will be required by anyone yet as I don't think the new profile will be released until spring 2013.