1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Yes you can do your Induction Year in an Independent School

Discussion in 'Independent' started by TheoGriff, Oct 21, 2010.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Jobs for September 2011 in many independent schools will be advertised from January.
    Best of luck!
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    <font face="Calibri">TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.</font> TheoGriff Job Seminar Look forward to seeing you!

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

BUT:
    Most independent schools offer NQT induction, but there are a few that don't.
    So do check this before you accept the job! Ideally you should checjk before you apply, but over the holiday period, for example, that's not possible.
    Good luck to all NQTs out there!

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Bump this up for the indy jobs that will start appearing in January.

I shall be contributing to the Seminars on Saturday 8th January. TheoGriff Job Seminar
    Look forward to seeing you!

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

And bump
    I shall be doing Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contributing to the Job Application Seminars and Weekend Workshops over February half term. We shall be looking at application letters, executive summaries and interviews.
    The next Weekend Workshop on applications is on Sunday 23rd January. Contact advice@tes.co.uk for more details on all of these.

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Bumps-a-daisy
    There is now another seminar on Applying for Senior Leadership on 13th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop17.eventbrite.com
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.

7. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

BUMP
    Best wishes

8. .....and indeed you can expect the support to be just the same in the Inpedendent Sector as in the State Sector for this. I currently have an NQT in my Department, and I have another next year. Our Director of Staff Development constantly reminds us that we could be inspected on this very issue at any time, so she runs a very tight ship and we are expected to support out NQTs very fully.
    I would be extremely suprised if any Independent School running an NQT programme would be anything other than hot on this. We very much enjoy taking on NQTs.

9. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter