1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Yera 9 GCSE Style one off lesson?

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by Lynz2512, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Hello,
    We are wanting to give our Year 9 students a taste of GCSE Drama before they make their options within the next few weeks. We were thinking of it being a 1 off stand alone lesson with a starter of a rolling PPT showing images form past GCSE students (trips / work / performances). However I am really strugging with a one off lesson that will wet their appetite. I did consider using one of my lessons already planned however it may not fit well as a one off lesson

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

2. Hello,
    We are wanting to give our Year 9 students a taste of GCSE Drama before they make their options within the next few weeks. We were thinking of it being a 1 off stand alone lesson with a starter of a rolling PPT showing images form past GCSE students (trips / work / performances). However I am really strugging with a one off lesson that will wet their appetite. I did consider using one of my lessons already planned however it may not fit well as a one off lesson

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

3. Only 1 hr - so looking for a 50 minute activity that is fun and engaging

4. anyone have any good short improvisation games / exercises such as the park bench?

5. Anyone got a 30 minute activity? Something that involves workin in small groups to build on the skills required of the GCSE course?

6. It's quite a tricky one this, because obviously alot of what you do in drama lessons is based on prior learning and building a story or theme up from week to week - I did a taster lesson once for year 9's who were going to take GCSE drama but it was a two hour session - there's not really much you can do in depth in the space of an hour. Have the year nines been doing drama at key stage 3? if so they would already have built up quite alot of the skills needed in drama anyway wouldn't they? A physical theatre lesson could be quite stand alone and fun?