1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Years of Service for Sick pay with regards to GTP in different LEA

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by SachaPilkington, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Hi
    I did a years GTP in Telford and Wrekin LEA, then got a permanent position at a school in Shropshire, completed my NQT year and now started my second year at that school but have been signed off work due to a back injury. Have looked at the sliding scale referred to in the Burgendy Book etc but wondering whether:
    a) Does my year as a GTP student (paying into the teachers pension scheme) count as year 1 of service and therefore I am noe in year 3 of service or does it not count and therefore I'm only in year 2.
    b) If my GTP does count does it matter that that was done in a different LEA
    c) Does the fact that I got a permanent contract make any difference?
    Thanks for your help

2. Hi
    I did a years GTP in Telford and Wrekin LEA, then got a permanent position at a school in Shropshire, completed my NQT year and now started my second year at that school but have been signed off work due to a back injury. Have looked at the sliding scale referred to in the Burgendy Book etc but wondering whether:
    a) Does my year as a GTP student (paying into the teachers pension scheme) count as year 1 of service and therefore I am noe in year 3 of service or does it not count and therefore I'm only in year 2.
    b) If my GTP does count does it matter that that was done in a different LEA
    c) Does the fact that I got a permanent contract make any difference?
    Thanks for your help

3. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

a) I believe it would count.
    b) Change of LA is academic for sick pay.
    c) No.

4. Hi Sarah
    I am in a similar position and would be grateful if you could let me know whether the GTP year did count in the end.
    Thanks
    Andy