1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year6 and the tv

Discussion in 'Primary' started by kym131218, Mar 23, 2011.

1. I have a lesson observation on problem solving soon. I have decided to do an activity on position. I wont go into details but I need to know what sort of tv programs year 5 and 6 pupils like? Any ideas would be fab!!!!
    Thank you

2. obvious question -but
    why don't you ask your kids?

3. Well..... I did and I got the response of Waterloo road which I felt is a little inappropriate, especially for an observation.

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Errrr the ones my year 6 like are all what I would call inappropriate. Waterloo Road and Little Britain seem to be the top favourites. Come Dine with Me is ok with the more able ones.

5. Inappropriate ones i get are (from my Y5's) Benidorm, Celebrity Juice and Shameless

6. Children these day..... When I was that age I think I was still watching programs such as turtles, arthur and the worst witch. What about if I was to focus the characters from a film such as pirates of the carribean or Harry potter?

7. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

Just pluck for something from Nickleodeon or Disney.

iCarly
    Wizards of Wavery Place
    Spongebob
    Pair of Kings

or even something like Dr Who.

8. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I would maybe choose a different lesson?

My year 6s would think most cartoons babyish. They like south park and bart simpson, but I find both of those unacceptable for children their age.

9. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

If you don't mind me asking. How old (ballpark figure will do) are you? I can't see what problem you would have with The Simpsons.

10. Doctor Who is probably a good option, and Spongebob always seems to be a favourite even at that level.
    On the other hand, you may have better luck with films. Perhaps the Narnia series that is relatively new?

11. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

LOL 30 something going on 100!

I hate Bart...drives me nuts. Sooo rude and obnoxious.