1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

year2 and outdoor learning

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Msz, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Msz

Msz Established commenter

habitats, variation, light and dark, growth, forces and motion, improving and sustaining the environment, using maps/mapping skills, the local area, change through time ...nothing much

2. I am a year 2 teacher and have a large outdoor learing space. My school has landscaped it for me and i was given a modest budget to equip it.
    i have outdoor learning - whatever the season and weather and see it as an extension of my classroom.
    the children are set learning focuses and are not expected to waste time.
    focus includes the six areas of learning.
    in a deprived area - it is magical to see the children excited and enthralled by learning opportunities in the open air.
    many teachers see it as an issue because children are not as controlled as they would like.

3. comenius

comenius New commenter

Harchie - I'm developing an outdoors area for ks1 at the moment and was wondering if you would mind putting some of your planning in the resources section so I could have a look! I currently have 2 TA's so whilst 1 of us is in the outdoor area, the other 2 are in class. However I think next year there will be just 2 of us and I'm trying to find the best way to manage it. Seeing how someone else plans for the outdoors would be really helpful.
    Thanks in advance [​IMG]

4. *whispers* I agree....[​IMG]

5. will do - [​IMG]

6. comenius

comenius New commenter

Thank you [​IMG]