1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year1 maths observation- what obj to show progression?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by erialcrobo, May 27, 2011.

1. erialcrobo

erialcrobo New commenter

Hi everyone, I have a maths observation coming up soon and I am wondering what would be a good obj to show progression?

2. Surely an objective that will enable your children in your class to make progress?

3. erialcrobo

erialcrobo New commenter

Hi Pinkflipflop, sorry, I don't think I made myself very clear there! I have been told in the past never to do a shape/measures lesson for an observation but always to do a number lesson as this is easier to show progress in number. I was just after some ideas that have worked well for others. Some objectives lend themselves better to obserations than others.

4. daisymoo

daisymoo New commenter

Which objectives do you feel would show better progression within your class, knowing the children as you do? Perhaps people can give you advice on lessons once they know the objectives which would work for you and your children.

5. erialcrobo

erialcrobo New commenter

Thanks Daisymoo. Hmmmm, I think, if I am going with the number element, that I am going to do subtraction fcats from 10 (working out and recall). They are already pretty clued up with the other number facts so this makes sense. Sorry, I don't think my post was clear at all.