1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year1: How do you show skills etc you want to develop in CP in your planning?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by nutmegblue, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Can anyone help? We've had HMI in this week and they are not happy with our planning as it shows activities that will be in the continuous provision areas but not the skills they are learning, practising, developing,etc.
    I have had a look in resources and most year 1 planning seems to do the same as I did! I have to have a seperate Lit, Num & Topic plan and this need to show the CP skills etc.... any ideas as to how I can show this? Does anyone do this already?
    I'm confusing myself now....do I show by months eg 30-50, 40-60+ , Level 1 NC etc or just have a focus skill for each area..
    Thanks
    (Also posted this in Primary....really need help!)

2. Can anyone help? We've had HMI in this week and they are not happy with our planning as it shows activities that will be in the continuous provision areas but not the skills they are learning, practising, developing,etc.
    I have had a look in resources and most year 1 planning seems to do the same as I did! I have to have a seperate Lit, Num & Topic plan and this need to show the CP skills etc.... any ideas as to how I can show this? Does anyone do this already?
    I'm confusing myself now....do I show by months eg 30-50, 40-60+ , Level 1 NC etc or just have a focus skill for each area..
    Thanks
    (Also posted this in Primary....really need help!)