1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year Sevens @ level 1 and 2

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by trinity148, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Hi new school, new challenge. Must have been lucky but in 13 yrs have never taught a class at this level. My SoW starts at level 3. Any links to resources or approaches much appreciated. Have liaised with SENCO today and got a few ideas.

Many , many thanks in advance

2. forgot. one of class working at p-levels too

3. Hi there.

A great site for resources is primaryresources.co.uk. There is plenty of choice right from reception up to year 6.
    Another very good site is teachingimage where they have loads of worksheets aimed at 7-11 year olds.

Hope this helps.

4. thank you very much!

5. I quite like www.senteacher.org There aren't a massive variety of resources on there but they are pretty good. I also like the primary resources website that's already been mentioned. Last time I had a pupil working at that level I also bought some activity books aimed at reception/year 1 and photocopied the resources I thought were appropriate for them. We also played a LOT of games, we had a money game in the department, and I took Junior monopoly from home (my daughter thought it was babyish at 8 years old but the year 7 and 8 special needs groups loved it).

6. carriecat10

carriecat10 Occasional commenter Community helper

I would suggest getting your hands on loads of practical resources such as Numicon. It sounds like these children need some significant intervention.
    Perhaps spend some time finding out exactly what they do understand and then constructing an appropriate series of lessons helping them to link what they do know and understand to new learning would be a start.
    Carrie [​IMG]