1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year One Fantasy story-Pie Corbett

Discussion in 'Primary' started by janisthorpe, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good fantasy story that could be used alongside Pie Corbett. So many fantasy stories are long and difficult to simplify enough to re-tell without losing the plot of the story. This is for a year one class and I would really appreciate any suggestions

2. comenius

comenius New commenter

Where the Wild Things Are
    The Spell Shell

3. I wrote my own one to use with year 4....Probably too hard for year 1. Writing your own means you include lot sof good ideas.

4. Thank you for your replies. Could you tell me a little bit about the shell spell. Did think about writing my own but not particurlarly creative.

5. Spell Shell is out of print has anyone got any other ideas please

6. Oliver Jeffers books are good - particularly the one about the trip to the moon (sorry I forget the title!).

7. My Year One class also liked The Night Pirates.

8. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Night-Pirates-Peter-Harris/dp/140521161X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1265550269&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Way-Back-Home-Oliver-Jeffers/dp/0007182325/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1265550298&sr=1-5

9. Thank you I will order them now

10. Clementine would you be able to give me an overview of how you used 'Way back home'
    Thank you

11. Would you like me to send you my fantasy plans? - you can pick the bits you like out of it.... send me your email.

12. Thank you so much for the offer, hopefully I can return the favour sometime.
    janis.thorpe@sky.com

13. Book arrived today thank you so much for the suggestion it is lovely and easily adaptable for Pie Corbett. Thank you for the plans as well

14. helskie26

helskie26 New commenter

clementine- please could I have a look at your plans too.
    Thanks
    Helen

15. Hi - How about 'The Sandcastle' or 'Whatever Next!' - my Yr 1 loved these & wrote some great stories too!

16. Sure -send me your email

17. Could i possibly jump on the bandwagon and ask for a copy of your plans too?
    jen-allen@hotmail.co.uk
    Thank you ever so much!

18. Hi Clementine, sorry if you are getting sick of people asking...but could I please get a copy of those plans too? I am teaching in Qatar and we are using Pie Corbett too and this sounds ideal for my EAL kids.

Thank you in advance.

amanda.docherty36@hotmail.com