1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

year one class with SEN only?

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by spongebob10, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Hi I would appreciate some ideas on how to support a class of children in year one who are a mixture of SEN and very low achievers. I will be teaching them all day following an early years approach with possibly 2/3 teaching assistants (one to support a statemented child) The remaining year one children will be in 2 other classes of mixed ability. I will have approximately 14 children.The intention is to provide a smaller class in order for them to make progress which may not be so achievable in a large mixed ability group, Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on this type of venture?

2. Hi I would appreciate some ideas on how to support a class of children in year one who are a mixture of SEN and very low achievers. I will be teaching them all day following an early years approach with possibly 2/3 teaching assistants (one to support a statemented child) The remaining year one children will be in 2 other classes of mixed ability. I will have approximately 14 children.The intention is to provide a smaller class in order for them to make progress which may not be so achievable in a large mixed ability group, Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on this type of venture?