1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 9 Science Assessments 2011

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by axr831, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Hi all, I am KS3 co-ordinator at my school and am trying to get hold of the optional tests the QCDA have published but to no avail. Does anyone have them, are they any good? What are your plans for next year with year 9? We don't fast track yet but perhaps it's the only thing left to do!!
    Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

2. Hi all, I am KS3 co-ordinator at my school and am trying to get hold of the optional tests the QCDA have published but to no avail. Does anyone have them, are they any good? What are your plans for next year with year 9? We don't fast track yet but perhaps it's the only thing left to do!!
    Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

3. markuss

markuss Occasional commenter

Why the "Hmm", kevgeall? Tests can never give more than an estimated NC level because the NCT evidence is so limited. It's only the TA with all the evidence gathered over a long period of time time that can give viable eights and above.

4. 1) I was never planning on photocopying them!
    2) I don't have enough APP data to make satisfactory judgements for end of key stage 3 reporting data
    3) How would grade boundaries from a teacher pack based on the optional tests be any use at all for any other test that is made up?