1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 9 new course in Textiles - advice and suggestions please!

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by louisa112233, Jan 26, 2011.

1. I am looking into a new course for a Year 9 Textiles group from sept. Been looking at Edexcel BTEC Level 1 and 2 in Textiles, but not that's appropriate for the age and experience of the pupils, I was wondering if any DT departments are currently running this course or any others that would be suitable. I've done lots of research but there's so much information out there!
    The pupils we will running this new course will mainly be the pupils who are more likely to be a D/C at GCSE level. Not the pupils with the highest ability.
    Any advice would be gratefully received!
    Thanks, Louisa

2. I am looking into a new course for a Year 9 Textiles group from sept. Been looking at Edexcel BTEC Level 1 and 2 in Textiles, but not that's appropriate for the age and experience of the pupils, I was wondering if any DT departments are currently running this course or any others that would be suitable. I've done lots of research but there's so much information out there!
    The pupils we will running this new course will mainly be the pupils who are more likely to be a D/C at GCSE level. Not the pupils with the highest ability.
    Any advice would be gratefully received!
    Thanks, Louisa

3. Hi
    We are looking into doing a whole dept qualification in sept to encourage pupils to opt for DT. have discovered that OCR do a entry level certificate that covers all areas of DT.
    This may be more suitable for your pupils. Good Luck