1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 9 KS3/KS4 Spanish film

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by ruthowen, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Valentin is a lovely film about a boy trying to get some parents!
    I use la vida loca from the bbc website at the end of lessons or at the end of term. Loads of resources.

2. we watched Valentin today and it is lovely. I have to say though that Voces Inocentes is really gripping for my year 9 boys so I think it depends a little on the mix in the class (couple of boys took a while to get into Valentin).

3. berrocal1

berrocal1 New commenter

4. berrocal1

berrocal1 New commenter

Both of these films are 15s too .... :(

5. julianwh

julianwh New commenter

Have just created some webpages with information on Spanish films.

The Online Resources page lists spanish films with links to any free online resource. Looking at some the resources might give a better idea of what films to use. -

http://www.worldonlinecinema.com/Home/online-resources-listed-by-film#TOC-SPANISH-DVDS

Have also created a page of Spanish/latin American Dvds by Themes
    http://www.worldonlinecinema.com/Ho...mes#TOC-SPANISH-LATIN-AMERICAN-DVDS-BY-THEMES

Below are some Spanish films that are available on dvd and are rated U or 12 -

CRIA CUERVOS (12) 1976 SPAIN SAURA, CARLOS £19.99
    Touching and thought-provoking film which remains one of the most important films in Spanish cinema.

Film drama set during the final days of Franco's Spain. Reminiscing in adult life, Ana (Geraldine Chaplin) reflects on her childhood, growing up in a wealthy part of Madrid. Her childish world is haunted by visions of her beloved dead mother (also played by Chaplin) and the conviction that her philandering, neglectful father (Héctor Alterio) was responsible for the onset of her mother's fatal illness.

VOCES INOCENTES (12) 2004 MEXICO MANDOKI, LUIS £19.99
    Set in El Salvador in the 1980s, an eleven-year-old boy who suddenly becomes the man of the house’ after his father abandons the family in the middle of a civil war

GENTE DE BIEN (12) 2014 COLOMBIA LOLLI FRANCO £12.99
    Ten-year-old Eric is sent to live with his estranged father in Bógota and struggles to adapt to his new life.

LOS 33 DE SAN JOSÉ (12) 2010 CHILE ANTONIO RECIO £15.99
    Based on the true story of a team of miners trapped underground for 69 days after the collapse of an underground tunnel.

EL CAPITAN ORELLANA Y LA ALDEA ENDEMONIADA (12) 2012 SPANISH TESSARI, JAVIER £12.99
    Spanish comedy about Captain Orellana, an unconventional former detective who now solves paranormal crimes.

Finally, regarding some of the other suggested films. The following films are at present awaiting re-issue on dvd in the UK and might be hard to locate.

la lengua de las mariposas
    Valentin
    Nueve Reinas

Below is a link to A list of all set A Level Set Spanish films and literature
    http://www.worldonlinecinema.com/a-level-set-titles

pascuam49 and jkhanom like this.
  6. norapasc

norapasc New commenter

Here are some of the films I use with my KS2 and KS3 classes:
    El lince perdido
    Zipi y Zape
    Manolito Gafotas
    ¿Para qué sirve un oso?