1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 9 French End of Year Project

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by mcwilliams3456, May 22, 2013.

1. I am looking for a project to motivate a Y9 mixed ability group in the last half term of the year. Some will be taking French at GCSE, so I must continue to advance their learning, and some will not, so I need to hold their interest for the next few weeks. If you have done something successfully in the past I would be really pleased to hear about it. They have just completed the French FCSE qualification.
  2. ambi

ambi New commenter

there is a good Francophonie project designed for end of year 9 in resources - can't remember the contributor but lots of good ideas in it.
  3. rosaespanola

rosaespanola New commenter

I've uploaded a few projects that I've used with similar groups - if you search for "rosaespanola project" they should all come up.
  4. slick

slick New commenter

"Speak! is a 15-minute film with 14 follow up episodes featuring pupils who dropped languages after GCSE but now have the chance to win a summer work placement abroad. The short episodes can be shown during lessons or watched at home and each one has additional resources including lesson plans, vocabulary and ideas devised by teachers"

I have used this for Year 9..... and the 14 episodes lend themselves to one episode per lesson.. and then to work on that topic. Kalvinder wins a 'stage' in Paris in a fashion house... and some is in French and English.

e.g. Research into a French fashion designer (cultural reference)

Research into History of Parisian monuments

How to use the metro in Paris

'A Jeremy Kyle show' about trust in relationships (The protagnist Kalvinder thinks that her boyfriend Ben in the UK is cheating on her!)
  5. curlyk

curlyk New commenter

You could try doing a magazine . Each small group taking on one aspect, fashion, sport, crosswords, description of home town, interview with a celebrity / teacher etc. Just give them lots of model articles from teenager French magazines /newspapers, to follow. They could publish it online
  6. Thank you for your posts - this is all very helpful.
  7. Speak! This has been great. They are hooked on the story and the lesson plans give scope for quite alot of French input. Thanks for the suggestion..
  8. curlyk

curlyk New commenter

My KS3 class loves the story and the site is excellent too ,Thank you for sharing.
  9. loujm2012

loujm2012 New commenter

I know this is an old forum but I very interested in this SPEAK! however I cant seem to be able to get it working correctly. Can anyone shine some light on whether the link is still active or of there is another link to access these files?
    thanks so much
  10. veverett

veverett Occasional commenter

11. spellmaster

spellmaster New commenter

This is a working link to the videos for Speak!

12. harinala

harinala New commenter

Hello ! Thanks for posting the link do Speak. However I can't open the lesson plans files after downloaded them. Did anyone had troubles too ? I wanted to try them with my low motivated (and very disruptive) Year 9.... Thanks in advance !
  13. cake4tea

cake4tea New commenter

Why are you posting at 2.19am???