1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 8 - Mira textbook.

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by haleyp, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Good morning all, I hope everyone is enjoying their last couple of days in school before the holidays start.

I was just wondering if anyone here uses the Mira textbook in their Spanish lessons? I've been invited to an interview on Monday and have been asked to teach a 1 hour lesson to a high-mid ability year 8 group on the subject of transport, within their holiday module. Now I do know that they are using the Mira textbook, so I was looking to find out what things they have already learnt about holidays so far, so I can plan according to their prior knowledge - but I can't find a detailed breakdownof what's in the book anywhere.
    I've never seen Mira, so I haven't a clue what they cover in it, but I would imagine it would be countries, who they went on holiday with, weather, activities?
    If anyone could help me out I would be really grateful,
    Thanks in advance!

2. Tell them MIRA is rubbish and the pupils should all be learning German