1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 7 Media SOW

Discussion in 'English' started by LindseyP, May 11, 2007.

1. Hello!
    I am a student teacher and I have been asked to do a 'media' project with year 7 after term. The class teacher said she is happy to let me do whatever I want with the class, as long as it involves some collaberative work and is linked with media.
    Any SOW, ideas, resources etc would be so greatly appreciated!

Thankyou!!

Lindsey (One very tired trainee teacher!) xx

2. Hello!
    I am a student teacher and I have been asked to do a 'media' project with year 7 after term. The class teacher said she is happy to let me do whatever I want with the class, as long as it involves some collaberative work and is linked with media.
    Any SOW, ideas, resources etc would be so greatly appreciated!

Thankyou!!

Lindsey (One very tired trainee teacher!) xx

3. I have a sow on Narnia if that's any help.

Lou

4. Get a copy of the English and Media centre 'Media' book - it has schemes for Y7 8 and 9 - focusing on Teletubbies to Big Brother. Saves reinventing the wheel.

5. Teachit used to have a 'Froops' campaign for fruit flavoured crisps - not sure if it's still on site. Basically groups have to produce ad campaign for the product - they'll need input and examples of branding, slogan, target audiences. Would be good idea to have selection of crisp packets and examples of branding. Extensions can be to write radio scripts and storyboard a tv ad - I've taught it a few times and it always goes down well. At the end of the unit, groups have to present their campaign and sell it to the class which is a sp&lis opp. I usually tag a written 'report' on the end too for assessment.

6. y9840125

y9840125 Occasional commenter

We did an X factor type of unit which was good fun. They had to choose their artist from a potential of six different artists, create a name, write a song and perform it, advertise cd, create cd and produce tv ad. They enjoyed it

7. I have a SOW for Shrek if you or anyone would like it? Mail me at queenie.81@hotmail.co.uk

Please could I also have a copy of the Narnia and X factor if they are available! thanks :)

8. I'm a resource-less NQT so I'd love to get the SOW on Narnia / Shrek / X factor too if poss - susannahproud(at)hotmail(dot)com

Many thanks

9. Narnia sounds good, as does Shrek and advertising!
    You resources will be greatly appreciated!
    My e-mail is lindseypawinski@hotmail.com

Thankyou xxx

10. Post 4....

I remember doing the Froops campaign at school and I loved it! Is that still around?? Wow...

11. diamond_raindrops

diamond_raindrops New commenter

Hi there,

I fancy a change with my year 7s and would be really grateful if you could pass the Shrek and Narnia schemes on!! Thanks ever so much kind people.

diamond_raindrops@hotmail.com

XX

12. Hi, I am soooo sorry to jump on the band wagon but another very tired trainee teacher would love to get hold of these Schemes of Work...please? Coming towards the end of the year and imagination is running low. Thanks for your help in advance

zoe_murray@hotmail.com

13. hiya i have e mailed yopu a media scheme of work which i wrote. hope u find it useful

14. May I also get a copy of the Narnia and Shrek sow, they sound like fun!
    Joynab@hotmail.com

Thank you x

15. I would also love the Narnia and Shrek SOW if thats possible. Shrek is going to be v popular in Jun when the next film is premiered. Thank you so much
    stma@fsmail.net

16. will e-mail tommorow:)

17. May I also get a copy of the Narnia and Shrek sow? Pleeeeasee! I would be most grateful. Thank you Gini

ginifer@gmail.com

18. Not a problem - I will email the sow tomorrow evening - left memory stick at school. Lou