1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 7 Introduction to History

Discussion in 'History' started by penyard52, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Hi,

I'm starting to re-work our introduction to History that we do with the Y7s in September. Does anyone do anything flash to grab their attention? They're in their tutor groups for the first 2 weeks before being setted, so need something mixed ability that can really excite them about studying History.
    Any and all thoughts gratefully received!

2. This looks amazing! I am desperately searching for something like this! If I could steal your resources I would be so grateful!

3. Hi isabelm,
    I've been looking for resources to teach a Y7 introductory unit. I'm a primary trained teached teacher witha history degree. In my new job in a small private school I'll be teaching Y7 and 8 History- bit nerve wracking!
    Please would you be able to pass on any resources/schemes of work you use for this topic- the doctor who idea soungs great!
    Thanks, Becci

4. Hi Becci,

Thats no problem, if you let me have your email address I can send you the SOW and resources!

5. Could I also have a copy please. Thats exactly what I've been looking for

My e-mail is icey_1984@yahoo.co.uk

Many thanks

6. So sorry to be asking at the start of term but would you be able to send me a copy of the resources too? This sounds a really exciting way of getting them started.

Thank you.

7. Sure, just let me have your email address and I will forward the information

8. hi Becci, may i pinch your work too? many many thanks Justin[​IMG]
    jknieds@yahoo.co.uk is my email

9. This sounds brilliant, could I please have a copy of your resources as well. My email address is lynnegiblin@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks for sharing

10. I would be keen to look at these, too. I do introductory lessons with my Year 7's and am always keeping an eye open for new ideas. Thank you. My email address is ~ gill.cch@btinternet.com

11. Would also love a copy of this, if it would be possible. Thank you. My email is bechoad@hotmail.com

12. Hi....just wondering if I could get on bandwagon....I am always on the lookout for great ideas. My email is cindy.cawley@rsb.qc.ca
    Thanks so much!

13. Hi, I am working at an International school and am creating all SOW's from scratch. This idea sounds really good so if I could be cheeky and ask if you could send this to me also - stoobb@yahoo.co.uk. If anyone has any good ideas for all years then I would greatly appreciate them. Thanks!

14. Hi, I'm teaching History for the first time too and I would would appreciate a copy as well. My email adddress: faieka@london.com
    Thanks for sharing

15. zaswat

zaswat New commenter

Hiya,
    Just came across this point and it is exactly what I am looking for. If you dont mind would you be able to e-mail the resources to me??Pretty please!
    aswat_zainab@yahoo.co.uk
    Many Thanks

16. I would be very grateful for them too. Having just completed my SEF -does anyone else still have to do this- one of my action points was to revamp the year 7 intro. My email is amandaallison@ntlworld.com

17. mrbeck

mrbeck New commenter

Hi isabelm84,
    I too would be extremely grateful for a copy of your 'Travelling through Time' SOW and resources. My email address is historyteacher@live.co.uk.
    Let me know if there are any topics you need resources for in return and I will see what I can do!
    Cheers,
    mrbeck

18. Hi isabelm this sounds like a fantastic way to engage the students. i would be very appreciative if you could pass on the resources you used.
    lou_gym@hotmail.com
    Thanks,
    Lou

19. Hi I have contacted you via PM for a copy of this fantastic resource.