1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 7 activity day...panic!

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by geegely, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Hello....

You find me in a state of panic, as I have been asked at very short notice to occupy about 20 Year 7's for one day during their activity week.

This is meant to be an "in school day"...they have trips out on other days, so I need something that will keep them focused and entertained for the day.

Any ideas? We have outdoor areas available in school, ICT facilities also available. I'd love to hear any ideas you have used for this type of day.

Many thanks!

2. Create a school newspaper, with them appointing editor, etc., then going round taking pictures, writing stories, etc. I'm assuming that other activities in the school that day, so it would mean a paper about the day would be good.
    Logic puzzles that involve physical activities... e.g. use this equipment to get from this "island" to this "island".

3. Love the newspaper idea...brilliant!!!!

4. Better still, put them in 4 teams of 5 and get them to produce competing newspapers. Give a prize to the best one.

5. Great....thanks for your input!