1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 6

Discussion in 'Primary' started by nick909, Oct 11, 2011.

1. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Table Points. Points for working silently, plus other things such as co-operating, working as a team, tidying desks etc.
    End of the week winning table gets a small prize from the prize basket. Get loads of cheap stationery from Poundland, etc.
    You'll be amazed what some kids will do for a gel pen or a glittery pencil.

2. shenshah

shenshah New commenter

I show my year 6 my APP assessment grids and say for them to achieve their WALT/WILF they have to show they can do the work INDEPENDANTLY which means working in SILENCE and totally independatly...if I hear anyone talk I say your obviosuly showing you need help so you havnt achieved your WALT/WILF...they soon shut up.

3. shenshah

shenshah New commenter

I show my year 6 my APP assessment grids and say for them to achieve their WALT/WILF they have to show they can do the work INDEPENDANTLY which means working in SILENCE and totally independatly...if I hear anyone talk I say your obviosuly showing you need help so you havnt achieved your WALT/WILF...they soon shut up. I have 30 yr 6 chn and the quietest class in the school.

4. lnevil1

lnevil1 New commenter

On a similar theme to the comment above - I get the children to self assess their work after each lesson. They put green for working independently, yellow for had help and red for unable to complete after help. If they talk to a partner they have to self assess yellow. Since introducing it they frequently work in silence (even when they don't need to) because they want to put green.

5. Do your pupils ever correct your spelling??