1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 6 Topics - What Do You Do?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by missblack86, Jun 10, 2010.

1. angel-74

angel-74 New commenter

legoearth and bubbles I am going into year 6 in Sep and would love to have a look at your planning for these creative topics feel a little lost at the moment. Thank you

2. angel-74

angel-74 New commenter

3. Hi

I'm just moving into year 6 and have been thinking about fairgrounds, we are a Blackpool school so its an ideal starting point. If possible could you email some of your planning as I'm struggling with developing the topic through the curriculum.

email - nuttynetballer_7@hotmail.com

Thanks

4. I would appreciate it if you wouldn't mind sharing your planning and resources with me. I aldo have acces to Promethean Active Primary.
    Thanking you in anticipation.

Turi.
    email: ReganTuri@aol.com

5. I'm new to year 6 in September and currently in the planning stages.
    Would really appreciate it if I could also have a copy of the model texts and planning.
    lorraryall@yahoo.com
    Thank you :)

6. Bubbles357>

Please please with a cherry on top can i see the planning! these ideas are fab!!!!
    thank you so much. If you dont mind me asking, what are the creative topics for year 5.
    my address is minky4uk44@hotmail.com.

7. Hi Lou2005,
    I love the sound of your storms and shipwrecks topic and your chocolate topic...would there be any chance that you could send me your resources and planning on this? I'm searching for a topic to do with my class in sept and this would tie in nicely with a few ideas that I have going on in my head. My email is: louisebrowne2005@yahoo.co.uk
    I hope that I am not inconveniencing you,
    Warmest wishes,
    Louise

8. This sounds amazing!!!!! Could I please have a copy of the 'What happened to the children?' plan???? We are starting a creative curriculum and I'm in a 1 form entry school...struggling with ideas and how it looks on paper!

Thank you!

9. Hi Lou2005,

We're starting storms and shipwrecks next term and have some good ideas and planning dowen, however i would really appreciate a look at yours if that is ok? I'm extremely interested in seeing the work around The Wreck of the Zanzibar. If this is not a problem my email address is richardmillard@live.co.uk
    Many thanks
    Richard

10. lou2005,
    I am hoping to expand on my 'extreme weather' topic, and I have never taught a novel-study style set of lessons before. Could I be extremely cheeky and ask for a copy of your planning for storms and shipwrecks and the wreck of zanzibar, if its not too much trouble?
    jenni_rose_11@hotmail.com
    Thankyou in anticipation
    Jenni

11. funkyyay

funkyyay New commenter

Please could you send me any of your planning. I'm new to the creative planning side and not sure where to begin.
    Much appreciated
    funkyyay@yahoo.com

12. I can have the planning too - thanks fluffsterfluffster@yahoo.co.uk

13. Hi Lou 2005, could you send me the planning for chocolate and storms and shipwrecks as well as all the others?

Thanks I'm teaching a mixed level class, and the planning is more work than I expected.

my email is jacinda@stbernards.school.nz

Thanks

14. Hi Lou2005 could I please have a copy of your chocolate and storms and shipwreck planning please?
    Any chance of the 'what happened to the children?' planning too please Bubbles?
    My e-mail is kirstystratford@hotmail.co.uk, and would really appreciate any planning you could send me.
    Thank you in advance :)

15. Hi Lou2005,

I've just been browsing TES for ideas to suit my next P6/7 class. The Storms and Shipwrecked idea sounds amazing!
    If you still have your plans/promethean flipcharts can you please email them to me : lreilly@westbarns.elcschool.org.uk

Thanks in advance!

16. Hi,
    I realise that this form has been going for a while, but would it be possible to have a copy of 'Chocolate' planning too? Thanks in advance
    helenking1977@hotmail.co.uk

17. Flippas

Flippas New commenter

Hi Bubbles 357,
    I really like the sound of your What happened to the Children topic. Is there any chance I could be really cheeky and ask for the planning? Thanks a million.
    slsnew@tiscali.co.uk

18. clare1117

clare1117 New commenter

You could do what our Y6 teacher does and just teach SATs all day, every day, from September. Save yourself the planning...

19. Hi could I also have a copy of any planning - especially ship wrecked, I'm in Y6 get me out of here and what happened to the children. Would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so so much!
    hannahwil@hotmail.co.uk