1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

year 6 teachers...What do you give out at the last parent consultation before the SATs?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by blackpurse, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Just wondered if you talked about the SATs and what information you give out at the last parent consultation before the SATs.

2. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

We usually do assessment week in the first couple of weeks back after feb half term (I'm doing mine this coming week instead as any later would leave me so little teaching time before SATs this year) and parent consultations are usually in the last week of term.
    Each consultation is 10 mins, I usually give current levels based on most recent assessments (past SATs papers), give an indication of progress since last consultation, tell the parents what level I expect their child to be at the end of the year, tell them topic areas that need focus and revision etc. Some parents ask for practice SATs papers/questions to do at home. I will then direct them to the nearest WHSmith where they sell them quite reasonably and then the 10 mins is usually up.
    I find I do all the talking at these consultations, whereas in the first ones in October I usually just field a barrage of questions from the Worried Mummies Club.

3. flickaz

flickaz New commenter

We had our last parent's evening last week. Next one is July. I gave parents their children's current levels, explained the revision books to them (and made them sign for them to say they would be used and returned to school) and asked parents to ensure their children were getting enough rest and other activities.