1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 6 Teachers - Revision - Please Help!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by missblack86, Feb 13, 2010.

1. stuffedcrust

stuffedcrust New commenter

http://sph3re.tv/download/hoverbike

You can watch the hoverbike here lapislazuli.

2. Hi Stuffedcrust - i know you have loads of reuests but having watch the film I think its just what my Year 6s need to boost them after Easter. If you could send me a copy of your tasks uit would be much appreciated.
    stevewright026@aol.com

3. Thanks stuffed crust I appreciate it.
    I know this is an unusual situation to find oneself in but - does anyone have any girl friendly ideas?
    I know this is bizarre but - I have a boy heavy year six and have, so far, tailored my revision programme to male interests because of this. The class have just done their second full size practice test - most of the boys have improved but the girls haven't. I really wasn't anticipating this. Usually my boy friendly rationale works across the gender divide just fine. I really need to inspire the girls too in the final run up.
    Any ideas gratefully received.

4. Oooh yes animals! What a great idea. NCR s on animals - we could do that and even call it science. Persuasive letters or even letters to plan a visit.
    Thanks

5. I am being cheeky and going to ask for a look at your resources as well.
    I would be very grateful

jo66jo@hotmail.co.uk

6. Hi Stuffedcrust.
    Would I be able to look at the resources you used for Hoverbike - don't really know where to start.
    I am working on a reading paper at the moment and will send you any tips I have once I have discovered them myself!
    note2sarah@yahoo.co.uk
    Many thanks

7. Hello Stuffed Crust,
    Would you mind emailing me the task sheets that you have produced in conection with Jazzster's hoverbike idea? They sound really useful. Also, if you got a copy of Speedwaychick's 'Marwell Manor' ideas for Active Primary, they sound cool too! I'm an NQT in Y6 and always on the look out for inspiration - if not for this year, then maybe for next!
    Many thanks - kerry1berry@hotmail.com

8. sara2007

sara2007 New commenter

Hi Stuffed Crust
    Would be extremely grateful if I could see the resources you have for revision - would be nice to do something different for a change!
    Thanks in advance!
    sara@teacherweb.co.uk

9. Cez24

Cez24 New commenter

Hi don't suppose you have a minute to send me th revision plans etc??
    If you do I would be really grateful: olipage34@googlemail.com

Cheers:))

10. Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU [​IMG]

The Hoverbike film and suggestions really livened up our last couple of weeks as we revised. The children loved the film and produced some super writing, which in turn gave them lots of confidence. [​IMG]