1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 6 Teachers - Revision - Please Help!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by missblack86, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Watched the hoverbike video today and the children loved it.
    Any chance I can be added to the bandwagon for the resources please.
    Had to laugh at the comment about them forgetting everything. My numeracy today was a nightmare. Still nevermind!
    simongeaves@hotmail.com

2. sue_d

sue_d New commenter

Would love a copy too, if you're still sharing Stuffedcrust.
    Many thanks

sueduffy@orange.net

3. sue_d

sue_d New commenter

Huge thank you, all received stuffedcrust
    Sue

4. stuffedcrust

stuffedcrust New commenter

You're all welcome. If any of you grateful recipients out there have some pearls of wisdom for improving reading comprehension, feel free to share! PLEASE!

5. stuffedcrust

6. stuffedcrust

7. lallsop679

lallsop679 New commenter

Hi Stuffedcrust, could I be a pain and could you please send me the task sheets too please.
    Would really appreciate it.
    What do you mean by improving reading comprehension?

8. lallsop679

lallsop679 New commenter

sorry forgot to leave my email address.
    Thanks again

9. stuffedcrust

I mean tips and techniques for tackling the reading paper...

10. I hate to be a pain, but if anyone has a copy of the resources, could you pass them onto me too? I put a message on the forum last night about moving from Y3 to Y6 and to be honest, really panicking now. I think they'd really be useful to give me a bit of insight. Hope ur still sharing! Thankyou, fluffybum2409@hotmail.com

11. I have the same problem, concerns and stresses teaching Y6 in Southampton. Have you thought of running a mock SATS paaper., marking it. Then getting the kids or a SNA to type the 1 and 0 in to an excel sheet based on Maths, reading and writing in to a shared worksheet
    If the sheet automatically calculates the percentages at the top cells and even colours the cell if its less than say 50% or 75 % then very quickly you can see question in maths and the strands that need recoverage.
    We did it a few ago and it show that in Maths, number, decimals and fractions were fine but probability, Algebra and rotataional symmetry were issues in all 3 .papers. We decided to hit those first.
    Good luck.

12. We have the same problem, concerns and stresses teaching Y6 in Southampton. Have you thought of running a mock SATS paper., marking it. Then getting the kids or a SNA to type the 1 and 0s in to an Excel sheet based on Maths, reading and writing in to a shared worksheet?
    If the sheet automatically calculates the percentages at the top cells and then colours the cell if its less than say 50% or 75 % then very quickly you can see question in maths and the strands that need recoverage.
    We did it a few ago and it show that in Maths, number, decimals and fractions were fine but probability, Algebra and rotataional symmetry were issues in all 3 .papers. We decided to hit those first.
    If you need a copy of the Excel sheet email me.
    Good luck.
    ppbooth

13. Could you send me a copy to sspeck@nmg.md.e2bn.net please?

14. Please could I have a copy of the task sheets as well Stuffedcrust?

Annika_Sev@yahoo.com

Thank you!

15. lallsop679

lallsop679 New commenter

For some reason me email address hasn't shown on the last 2 posts.
    I would really appreciate if anyone could send it me. NQT in year 5/6.
    Thanks
    lallsop679@hotmail.com

16. Hi stuffed crust - any chance of your 4 tasks - I'd be really grateful.
    I share resources if I think people will use them - have posted revision maths cards and a PowerPoint on Missing Co-ordinates so far - feel free to download
    my email
    msandford@fsmail.net
    Many thanks

17. Hi stuffedcrust, I'm putting some together. I'll start a new topic with your name in the title shortly; also I'll email.
    Lynda[​IMG]

18. what a brilliant site.my class will enjoy the hoverbike too. please could i request a copy of the worksheets as well? thank you.