1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 6 teachers...how do you revise narrative writing? Have you got a method for teaching the correct structure?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by blackpurse, Jan 31, 2011.

1. I intend to spend a little time revising narrative writing. I intend to revise the structure, then write a story. Then focus on writing better openers/endings and character/setting descriptions. I have posted early last week about the same thing. I would like to find out how teachers plan for story structure.
    Thanks for replying

2. I intend to spend a little time revising narrative writing. I intend to revise the structure, then write a story. Then focus on writing better openers/endings and character/setting descriptions. I have posted early last week about the same thing. I would like to find out how teachers plan for story structure.
    Thanks for replying

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Do you have The Short Story Book by Sue Palmer? It would be good to go over the key elements of narrative writing.

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

5. We used a week as "Writing Week", looking at narrative last year. It covered everything, and included about 15 hours of English lessons (sounds full on, but worked). We used "The Harris Burdick Mysteries" for that.