1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 6 teachers: how are you feeling in the run up to Sats?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by TES_Rosaline, Apr 25, 2019.

1. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

What has this year been like for you so far? I know that it’s a stressful time for you all and wondered how much support you get from the rest of your school and the parents to help prepare children for the KS2 tests. How do you feel about the process? Has it been a positive experience? What has been your highs and lows? What advice would you give to those who are teaching Year 6 for the first time and feeling apprehensive about their class sitting the assessments? Share your experience and see what other teachers have done to cope during this busy period in the run up to Sats.

2. bevdex

bevdex Star commenter

Knackered!

cassandramark2 and Pomza like this.
  3. sooooexcited

sooooexcited Occasional commenter

F***ed, quite frankly.

lardylegs likes this.
  4. doonessy

doonessy New commenter

Overwhelmed

5. rufusangel

rufusangel New commenter

Shattered...

6. WolfPaul

WolfPaul New commenter

Que sera sera.

7. thefairyteacher

thefairyteacher New commenter

My first year and my last. Awful experience, feeling quite stressed.

8. chickenlady4

chickenlady4 New commenter

Remember that those that can will, and those that struggle will indeed find the week hard. I worry about pure classes being able to do more revision than me and nudging up the boundaries overall in the tests. Lots of things are out of our control but we are made to feel that we should be controlling them!

BetterNow likes this.
  9. flumps103

flumps103 New commenter

Only eleven year 6s for me so it’s a big juggling act in a mixed age class. Feeling ok overall but you just never know who’s going to go to pieces on the day so it’s just fingers crossed and hope for the best at this point.

10. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

Just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck for next week. I'm sure you've all worked your socks off - there's nothing more we can do for this lot now, except make the week as low stress as possible for them. Fingers crossed that the papers will be kind - or at least, fair!