1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 6 summer play, HELP, Chitty needed!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rainbow84, May 13, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I was wondering if there was anyine out there who was willing to share a Chitty, Chitty Bang Bang script?
    I am more than willing to share, High School Musical, Wizard of Oz and Oliver!!!
    Hope someone can help in oder to save me time as usually this week I look forward to typing the script up but will instead be internally marking SATs!!!
    Thanks

2. Hi,
    I was wondering if there was anyine out there who was willing to share a Chitty, Chitty Bang Bang script?
    I am more than willing to share, High School Musical, Wizard of Oz and Oliver!!!
    Hope someone can help in oder to save me time as usually this week I look forward to typing the script up but will instead be internally marking SATs!!!
    Thanks

3. Hi,
    I dont have chitty, chitty bang bang script, but am going to be taking on the musical role in Sept and the Wizard of Oz was a performance of choice. We successfully did our own version of Oliver this year, which was very good.
    Could I possibly be cheeky and ask for a copy of your Wizard of Oz to have a look through. Would be truely greatful for a starting point. my email is nicola.garrod@ntlworld.com
    Thanks

4. Hi Rainbow84
    I know you posted a year ago but wondered whether you had any luck with locating a script for Chitty Chitty? I am now trying to find one with no success! Have done Charlie and the chocolate factory, Oliver, sound of music etc. and wanted to try chitty this year. Would love to hear from you if you managed to find anything.
    Thanks

5. The rights to perform Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, along with all performance material (scripts, music etc.) are available through Weinberger. See link below:
    http://www.josef-weinberger.com/musicals/musical/chitty-chitty-bang-bang.html
    Unfortunately, as you will see, amateur performing rights are not currently available. At this point, I should also warn you that if you are considering doing a 'bootleg' version with your own adapted script and the original songs from the show/film, that this is illegal.
    Good luck finding the perfect show. I can warmly recommend several sites with great productions if it would be useful.