1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

year 6 SATs writing tasks

Discussion in 'Primary' started by kelleeblue, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Hi,
    Just wondering what people predicitions are for this years writing task.

I love the guess game!!

2. Hmm, let's go for journalistic writing in the longer and a setting decription in the shorter. That's actually what I want it to be!

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Well I'd like a story write in the longer and description or letter in the short.

Playscripts and we are stuffed!

No clue as to what it will be though!

4. I think journalism for the long task and a formal invitation for the short task- they had a settings description the year before last so it won't be repeated. If it's a balanced argument or an explanation text we're screwed! If it's a story we might do okay!

5. my money's on a story...

6. flickaz

flickaz New commenter

Short writing always involves some kind of description. I'm think we're due a letter or a newspaper report but it's never that straight foward!

7. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

Many thought it would be some type of journalistic writing last year and it wasn't. Maybe this will be the year? I don't think it will be a story, although there will be some type of descriptive writing somewhere.

I would like persuasion, non-chron type report or a letter of some kind.

8. glitterdustgirl

glitterdustgirl New commenter

I've trawled back through testbase and haven't found ANY newspaper reports, only newsletter type things, which leads me to believe that maybe they won't have them? Correct me if I'm wrong of course.... [​IMG]

9. An ex Yr 6 teacher told me they never ask for stories now as that's too much to ask in 45 mins...... I'm screwed if she's wrong[​IMG]

10. Milgod

Ha! I have always looked at it the other way. The fact that they have never done one means it will/might come up eventually.

I hope not this year. A letter would be best. I don't knwo that last time they had a letter. Anyone know?

11. Milgod

I would say she is probably right (although none of us know for sure of course). They are more likely to do part of a story. We had description of what wa sbehind a door and describe a busy place type things before.