1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Year 6 SATs 2015

Discussion in 'Primary' started by teacher1332, Nov 29, 2019.

1. teacher1332

teacher1332 New commenter

Hi all,
    A really bizarre question, but I am using the 2015 SATs Reading paper for Year 6 (OLD curriculum). I have the mark scheme etc but I cannot find anywhere the instructions for administration. Does anybody have a copy or, in particular, can anybody tell me please how long the students are supposed to have to complete?

Thanks!

2. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

I'm pretty sure that in those days we had to tell them to read through the paper for 15 minutes first. No-one was allowed to pick up a pen. They were then told to start writing - they had 45 minutes.

If I use pre-new curriculum papers, I just give them an hour and advise them to read one text, answer the questions, then move on to the next.

3. RepelloInimicum

RepelloInimicum Lead commenter

I can't find the 2015 admin guidance, but in the 2014 guidance it says they had both booklets for the full hour to work through. It must therefore have been the same in 2015. The instructions on the first page of the 2015 answer booklet say:
    You have one hour to complete the test, answering the questions in the answer booklet. Read one text and answer the questions about that text before moving on to read the next text. There are three texts and three sets of questions.

4. teacher1332

teacher1332 New commenter

Thanks both for this, really useful. :)

5. nical73

nical73 Occasional commenter

I would use it but under new instructions (ie hour to complete all texts and questions) so children get used to administration of test for this year